- The marriage certificate for Merlin F. Berg and Doris Irene Chandler was issued by Dale County, which is the county where Camp Rucker was located, but they were actually married in Dothan, which is in Houston County. I suspect this had something to do with the military jurisdiction. They were married at the Episcopal Church in Dothan. While in Olympia, Doris worked as a nanny for the Jessup family. She also lived with them. Mr. Jessup was a minister at the Episcopal Church in Olympia. He wrote Doris a letter that she took to the minister at the church in Dothan as a reference so they could be married in a church. Otherwise, the army would probably have preferred them to be married on post.
Doris took the bus from Washington and spent the night she arrived in the guest house. She shared a room with a woman named Eleanor. Years later, after moving to Hayward, Minnesota in 1971, Bud and Doris became acquainted with a couple called Lornie and Eleanor Stotts. Lornie was the janitor at the elementary school in Hayward. Eleanor had stayed at the guest house at Camp Rucker in mid-August 1942 and roomed with a woman named Doris.
- The zip code for Doris' last residence shown on the SSDI is 55407.
- Earl's obit says that Doris lived in Minneapolis at the time of his death in 1956.
Bud's obit says that they lived in Minnesota.
- Mary Reese's obituary, in 1950, shows that he was living in Twisp, Washington.
- 1955 Minneapolis Directory shows that they lived at 200 W 98th which is actually in Bloomington.
Although the 1953 Minneapolis Directory shows that they lived at 8016 Lyndale Av S, they did not. That is the address of the bank Doris worked at.
- The 1957-1959 Minneapolis City Directory shows that Bud and Doris lived at 100 W 93rd, which is actually in Bloomington.
- The 1960 Mankato City Directory shows that the Berg family lived at 716 Lyndale in North Mankato. The 1960 Minneapolis City Directory confirms that they lived in North Mankato.
- In her brother Ernie's obituary (1986), Doris is shown to be living in Coon Rapids, Minn.
The U.S. Public Records Index, 1950-1993, Volume 2 gives the following address for Doris I. Berg without specifying a year:
11020 Mississippi Blvd NW Apt 107, Minneapolis, MN, 55433-3579
The address shown on Doris' death certificate (1994):
11020 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Her obituary simply says Coon Rapids.